A little something about gratitude.



A Little Something About Gratitude

Hello. It's me. It has been a bit since I last got on here and shared some of my thoughts. It's my favorite time of year again--Christmas time, that is. Christmas is my favorite because it evokes this warm and fuzzy feeling in my heart and spirit. However, for some, Christmas brings about stress, jealousies, and unhappiness. Christmas can be associated with feelings of ingratitude. People worry about not getting exactly what is on the list for Santa Clause. People worry they can't provide enough for their children. 

The majority of Christmas movies depict scenes of well-decorated christmas trees with an over-abundance of presents shoved underneath it. For some, or even most, this is not the reality they will be waking up to on Christmas morning. I've been reflecting on this while listening to my coworkers and friends worry that they aren't able to provide enough for their children. I've thought about this as I see homeless people with signs that say, "Anything will help." And I've been sitting over here with concerns over the things I don't have? 

I've had a very comfortable life. My parents saw to it that I never went hungry, I always had clothes and shoes to wear, and I got Christmas and birthday presents every year. My life has been absolutely spoiled--How can I keep thinking about what I don't have? As one of the Kardashian sisters said after Kim lost her diamond earring in the ocean: "Kim, there's people that are dying."

Image result for kim people are dying gif

So my resolution (not New Year's Resolution, because those never last) is to recognize just how blessed I am and be grateful for each blessing. I am blessed with a roof over my head, warm food on the table, four reliable wheels of transportation, a husband who loves me, and a dog that is literally obsessed with me. I have a full life. I am so grateful for each one of these blessings. 

So I guess the point of this post is to say that I've been a spoiled brat, and I'm working on changing that now. Also, here is Pippa being cute. 

Comments

Popular Posts